The physicians and staff of Children’s Medical Group are committed to the health and safety of your children which includes vaccines.
- We firmly believe in the effectiveness of vaccines to prevent serious illness and to save lives.
- We firmly believe in the safety of our vaccines.
- We firmly believe that all children and young adults should receive all of the recommended vaccines according to the schedule published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP).
- We firmly believe, based on all available literature, evidence and current studies that vaccines do not cause autism or other developmental disabilities.
- We firmly believe that vaccinating children and young adults may be the single most important health-promoting intervention we perform as healthcare providers and that you can perform as parents/caregivers.
Children’s Medical Group has done its best to support families who are concerned about vaccinating their children. Our philosophy has been that it is our role to provide reasoned, scientific information that can help alleviate those concerns. Unfortunately, there is a growing group of parents that insist they will not vaccinate their children or they have found a schedule of vaccination that they feel is safer than the schedule recommended by the CDC and the AAP. Around the country, the actions of relatively few parents have put many of the most vulnerable at risk. Whooping cough and measles are now in full resurgence. These diseases are life-threatening, especially to our youngest patients.
The physicians of Children’s Medical Group will no longer accept new families that do not vaccinate their children. Established patients that are behind the State of Alabama required vaccines will be given sufficient notice and time to bring their children up to date.
Parents or caregivers who refuse to vaccinate their children will be given a one month grace period to find another healthcare provider who shares your views. We do not maintain a list of these providers nor would we recommend any such physician. Please recognize that by not vaccinating you are putting your children at unnecessary risk for life-threatening illness and disability, even death.
As medical professionals, we feel very strongly that vaccinating children on schedule with currently available vaccines is absolutely the right thing to do for all children and young adults. The physicians of Children’s Medical Group are always ready to discuss any concerns or answer any questions about vaccines.